Given the horrific events of the past week, there will not be a regular settlement report. Instead, we are sending out recommended resources for tracking events in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza.
- Yesh Din (Newsletter / Twitter)
- B’Tselem (Newsletter / Twitter)
- Active Stills (Twitter)
- +972 Magazine (Newsletter / Twitter / Twitter list with +972 reporters)
- Defense for Children International – Palestine (Newsletter / Twitter)
- Ir Amim (Newsletter / Twitter)
- Terrestrial Jerusalem & Daniel Seidemann (Twitter)
- Local Focus – Security Alerts (Twitter) *warning, graphic photos
- PCHR (Newsletter / Twitter)
- Al-Mezan (Newsletter / Twitter)
- Al Haq (Newsletter / Twitter)
- OCHA (subscribe)
News & Articles
- Israel is arming settlers and making it easier to get a gun permit.
- On October 13th, settlers shot a Palestinian at point-blank range in the South Hebron Hills, and then opened fire at the ambulance trying to transport the wounded man. The victim’s condition is unclear.
- On October 12th, an Israeli police officer was shot and wounded by a Palestinian gunman near the Old City of Jerusalem. Subsequently, Israeli police have shut down the Old City of Jerusalem – preventing Palestinians under 70 years old from entering the city or reaching Al-Aqsa Mosque for Friday prayers. Police then tear gassed Palestinians who gathered outside of the city walls to pray and protest.
- On October 11th, masked settlers attacked the Palestinian village in Qusra, killing four Palestinians. At the funeral, the IDF shot and killed one more.
- On October 13th, four Palestinians were shot and killed by the Israeli police while allegedly attempting to take down part of the West Bank barrier near Tulkarem.
- Amira Hass writes, “Israeli Settlers Aren’t Pausing the Expulsion and Dispossession in the West Bank”