The Foundation for Middle East Peace (FMEP) is proud to announce its support for a range of organizations doing essential work to challenge the occupation and promote Israeli-Palestinian peace. Since its establishment in 1979, FMEP has stood with courageous non-profit organizations working to end Israel’s occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem and striving for a just and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Continuing this tradition, FMEP’s 2020 grants support important work in five main strategic areas:
- Ending Israeli policies that break international law, trample democratic norms, and violate human rights and dignity.
- Halting the weaponization of the Israel-Palestinian issue & false accusations of anti-Semitism.
- Cultivating/elevating new thought leaders who challenge status quo assumptions, expand the debate beyond the existing stale limits, and articulate alternatives to failed policies and approaches.
- Defending the anti-occupation/pro-peace sector as a whole.
- Enabling Palestinians to remain in Palestine.
Organizations FMEP is supporting in 2020
(as of January 2020)
*FMEP awarded a grant to NIF, in support of its existing work/fundraising for these organizations
**FMEP awarded a grant to CAF America, in support of its work with DCI-Palestine
***FMEP awarded a grant to Heartland Initiative in support of its work with Terrestrial Jerusalem
FMEP is a 501(c)(3) private foundation established in 1979 by lawyer and philanthropist Merle Thorpe, Jr., to promote a just solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through grants, public programming, and research.