The Foundation for Middle East Peace (FMEP) is proud to announce its support for a range of organizations doing essential work to challenge the occupation and promote Israeli-Palestinian peace. Since its establishment in 1979, FMEP has stood with courageous non-profit organizations working to end Israel’s occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem and striving for a just and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Continuing this tradition, FMEP’s 2022 grants support important work in four main strategic areas:
- Ending Israeli policies that break international law, trample democratic norms, and violate human rights and dignity.
- Defending the anti-occupation/pro-peace sector as a whole, including combatting the weaponization of the Israel-Palestinian issue & false accusations of antisemitism.
- Cultivating/elevating new thought leaders who challenge status quo assumptions, expand the debate beyond the existing stale limits, and articulate alternatives to failed policies and approaches.
- Enabling Palestinians to remain in Palestine.
- +972 Magazine
- 7amleh – The Arab Center for Social Media Advancement
- Adalah* Akevot*
- Al-Mezan Center for Human Rights
- Al-Shabaka: the Palestinian Policy Network
- American Near East Refugee Aid
- Americans for Peace Now Arab American Institute Foundation Association for Civil Rights in Israel*
- Breaking the Silence*
- Charity & Security Network
- Defense for Children International – Palestine
- The Democratic Bloc* Emek Shaveh*
- European Legal Support Center
- Forensic Architecture**
- Grassroots Al-Quds
- Heartland Initiative, Inc.
- Human Rights Defenders Fund*
- f Not Now
- Institute for Middle East Understanding
- Ir Amim*
- Jewish Voice for Peace
- Just Vision
- Kerem Navot*
- Massafer Yatta Media Fellowship***
- Middle East Institute
- Military Court Watch
- The Movement for Freedom of Information in Israel*
- New Israel Fund
- Palestinian American Research Center
- Palestine Institute for Public Diplomacy
- Palestine Legal
- Physicians for Human Rights – Israel*
- Project 48
- Terrestrial Jerusalem**
- Visualizing Palestine*****
- Who Profits
- Yesh Din*
*FMEP awarded a grant to NIF, in support of its existing work/fundraising for these organizations
**FMEP awarded a donation to The British Schools & Universities Foundation, in support of its work with Goldsmiths, University of London – which hosts Forensic Architecture.
***FMEP awarded a grant to +972 Magazine in support of its Massafer Yatta Media Fellowship Project.
****FMEP awarded a grant to Heartland Initiative in support of its work with Terrestrial Jerusalem.
*****FMEP awarded a grant to Empowerment Works in support of its work with Visualizing Impact, which hosts Visualizing Palestine.
FMEP is a 501(c)(3) private foundation established in 1979 by lawyer and philanthropist Merle Thorpe, Jr., to promote a just solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through grants, public programming, and research.